As we wrap up our Thanksgiving celebrations and ease into the Christmas season, I am reminded yet again how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful, loving and healthy family. My husband and I both have jobs that we love and are able to provide for our beautiful children. It’s easy to take everything we have for granted and I never want to forget how blessed we are. There are so many people out there who are struggling this holiday season. So while I may not be in the financial position to give tons of money, I can give of my talent.
You know someone. You know someone who’s experienced a tragedy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances. You know someone who can’t afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family’s spirit, love, and beauty.
You know someone. I guarantee it.
I want to know who they are, and I want to give them the chance to experience complimentary custom photography — $1,000 worth, to be exact. Whether it’s canvas or albums, prints for Grandma, or a slideshow to watch over and over, it’s in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this holiday season.
The winning family will receive:
- Complimentary family portrait session with me, including a 1-2 hour session and a private, online gallery of 20-30 proofs.
- A 10×10 coffee table book custom designed with their choice of images
- An 11×14 gallery wrapped canvas of their favorite image from the session
- A $300 print credit
Oh, and the best part? The person who nominates the winner receives a complimentary portrait session plus a $100 print credit (valued at $225). What better reason to show some love could there possibly be, people?
- You cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services. (Being unable to make mortgage payments for a two-million-dollar-vacation-home in Paris does not qualify as sincere financial need.)
- The nominee must reside within 40 miles of Smyrna, Delaware (or willing to travel here for the session). Tell me who you know, what they’re experiencing, and why they deserve my artwork. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.
- You must e-mail me the full story by noon December 23, 2010 : email@example.com
The winner will be announced on Christmas Day – so get nominating! I can’t wait to read all of your entries! I, along with my family, will decide on the winner.
Open your heart to someone this holiday season — and thank you for giving me the opportunity to open mine.